Monday, December 31, 2012

Mommy's Musings

Today is the last day of 2012... I know that's not news to anyone but it is just crazy to think that the year is almost over.

Last year for Christmas, my parents gave us a blessing jar. We've been able to write down special events, moments, gifts etc that we have been blessed by! What a wonderful way to see God's hand at work in our lives!  We didn't write down everything, although I wish we would have, our blessing jar would be overflowing!

I am a worrier, and with all the changes going on in our country it is hard at times for me to remember WHO is really in control! This next year I want to do better, I want to really see His blessings in my life (mundane as it may seem at times). I don't want to be so filled with worry and anxiousness that I miss the everyday blessings He sends my way. 

So, for 2013, I am committing to filling up our blessing jar! Yes, big blessings are easy to find, but I want to find joy in the little blessings, like baby giggles, hearing "I love you" from my kiddos etc.

If you haven't read Ann Voskamps book "One Thousand Gifts" I would encourage you to pick it up, it's all about finding blessings in the ordinary!

I will leave you with the lyrics to one of my favorite songs:

Don't you worry about anything,
Instead pray about everything.
Tell God what you need and thank Him for all He has done.
And the peace of God,
Far beyond what we can understand
Will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.

Where will you find your blessings in 2013? Write them down, even the small things, you'll be amazed at what God uses to work in your life!


1 comment:

KLW said...

That song is one of Ayla's and my favorites to sing going to sleep! Love it!