Tuesday, August 12, 2008

THIRD TRIMESTER!!!

Well we made it to the third trimester! I was 27 weeks on Friday August 8. Which means that as of today there are only 88 days until my due date! YIKES! So much to do, so little time!

Baby is still very active. This week she's up to about 2 pounds and about 14 inches long! We have figured out her schedule too. She wakes up at around 10am and is active until about 2pm doing all sorts of dances, then is quiet again until 6pm (just in time for dinner) we are convinced that she wakes up just for daddy when he gets home from work. Then she's quiet again until I climb into bed for the night. We have been reading to her every night before we go to bed and as hokey as it sounds it actually does work at quieting her so I can get some sleep!

In Mommy news...
I am feeling relatively good. I feel like I don't have the right to complain because I have had an easy pregnancy compared to others out there. Although I will say that lately I have been feeling very uncomfortable. It's a whole new experience to try and maneuver with a watermelon in front of you. Tim told me on Sunday that I have started to waddle a little (but I contribute it to the fact that I had heels on)! My legs feel like they could come unattached from my hips at any moment and the low back pain is back from the first trimester. I have also noticed, just within the last couple of days, that I don't have the energy that I had even a week ago. The second trimester "burst" as I've heard it referred to is definitely gone... so sad.

Other exciting news that I just have to share is about both Tim's new job and my current job. First off, Tim passed his certification test, so it's official now and we can all take a deep breath. As for my job, there have been lots of "rumblings" at the office for a few weeks now, which have created lots of stress. We've been praying that everything would get resolved and that things would stay stable at least until we have the baby. God has answered our prayers - unfortunately I can't get into all the details, but we are very thankful for the way everything is turning out!

We have our 28 weeks appointment next Wednesday where I get to drink some yummy orange syrup for my Gestational Diabetes Test! Should be a good time! Have I mentioned yet that we are all registered for our childbirth classes at Zeeland? I am so excited to start those, they don't start until September 22, but it's something I'm looking forward to!

Until next time...

1 comment:

Racine said...

Thanks Katelyn...I hope you don't have to be prego as long as I have...it gets really old!! I'm sort of trying to stay under the radar because people's comments get really annoying sometimes. :-P Glad to hear good things are happening for you and your husband job-wise, that's not something you want to have to worry about when you're about to have a baby. And don't let anyone psych you out about the glucose test...it's not bad at all.