Thursday, August 21, 2008

Glucola... YUCK!

Tomorrow I’ll be 29 weeks along, which will leave us with 78 days to go until D-day! I had my 28 week appointment yesterday and it went really well. I got to drink some wonderful orange drink (it tasted like a melted Popsicle) so that I could have my test done. Doesn't that look tasty?

After I finished my cocktail I had to have some labs drawn to see if I have gestational diabetes (which, thankfully, I don’t) and to check my thyroid levels, then I got to see the doctor. The nurse weighed me and I’m up 2 pounds since my last visit… which brings my grand total of weight gained to 6 pounds! 6 I can deal with!

Baby’s heartbeat was strong at 148, the slowest it’s ever been, the doctor says as the baby starts to mature more the heart rate will slow so it’s nothing to be worried about! My belly is measuring 29 cm which is perfect (1 cm for each week you’ve been pregnant).

Baby girl is responding to outside stimuli. Tim and I were in the car the other day and he sneezed (rather loudly) and my entire stomach jumped. My guess is she didn’t like the loud noise! This week she weighs about as much as a butternut squash and measures about 15 inches. Her muscles and lungs are continuing to develop and she’s now blinking her eyelids, which are complete with eyelashes!

In mommy news…
I’m feeling alright, just getting more and more uncomfortable. The sciatic pain that I experienced in the first trimester is back. Combine that with the round ligament pain and the loose joints and I’m feeling like I’m about 65! In all seriousness though I am loving being pregnant. Baby’s kicks are so strong right now, she’s obviously running out of room, but I can push on one part of my belly and she’ll poke a foot or elbow out at me! It’s wonderful to be able to feel my child moving within me. I’ve been sleeping rather well the last few nights, other than the constant up and down to go to the bathroom, but it’s much better than it was a few weeks ago!

Tim and I are getting very anxious to hold our little girl. We often find ourselves just wandering into what will be her room and staring at the little clothes and toys, just dreaming of the day we can bring her home. It’s all so overwhelming, we are both so thankful that God has entrusted this little one to our care. We know that God is preparing us, even now to be the perfect parents for this little girl. We know we’ll mess up and right now we have absolutely NO clue what we’re doing, but we are both trusting in the knowledge that God will give us the strength and the wisdom to raise our daughter His way and for His glory.

Until next time…

No comments: