Tuesday, July 22, 2008

24 weeks!!!

When did I get to be 24 weeks along? We are less than four months from our due date and cannot believe how fast time is flying by.

This week our little girl is about as long as an ear of corn (just over a foot) and weighs over a pound now! Her brain is quickly developing this week and her taste buds have started to develop! Her lungs are also starting to branch out to form the "respiratory trees" necessary for her to breathe when she gets here! This is also the first week of viability (meaning that she could survive outside of mommy's womb)! Of course we want her to stay in there and cook for a good while longer, but it's just exciting to get to this point.

She is still moving around lots in there, and she is quickly running out of room! She's flipping all over the place, some days I'll get kicked in the bladder, and some days I'll get kicked in the ribs, she's just moving like crazy, which makes this experience even more amazing!

In Mommy news...
I have been having some Braxton Hicks contractions. My doctor says not to be concerned unless they start to come in a pattern, or more than 4 per hour. I am surprised by what they feel like, not painful but definitely a "take your breath away" sensation. My whole abdomen gets really tight like I'm flexing my muscles. It happened quite a bit while we were gone last week, probably from the added stress and all the new activities that I was doing.

I have my 24 week appointment this Wednesday, I'm excited to see what I'm measuring and how much weight I've gained. Up until this point I haven't gained much and I feel like in the last couple of weeks I've grown by leaps and bounds so we'll see!

Tim has officially started his job. He is out of the training portion and is out on his own. He's really enjoying it, although he comes home at night quite tired. We both are still getting use to the new schedule, but in the long run this job is going to be such a blessing to our little family!

Until next time...

No comments: