Tuesday, October 21, 2008

18 days to go!!!

We are 37.5 weeks along now and down to 18 days until our due date. I had a doctor's appointment last Wednesday, a very uneventful appointment. I was tested for Group B Strep and had my first internal since 12 weeks. I'm at 1cm dilation so we have quite a ways to go. The good news from my appointment was that baby has dropped and she is head down! Right now she's measuring at about 6 and a half pounds but could be as much as 8 and a half by the time she's born (if I go to term). Baby's heartbeat was still going strong at 149. She is still moving lots but it's more just rolling around than the karate kicks I was getting earlier on. I think it is safe to say I have run out of room for her!

We finished our childbirth classes last week and also had our preadmission appointment. I think we are both ready to get this show on the road. We even bought a mini-van! We sold Tim's truck two weeks ago and had been looking around for something to replace it, finally we found something on Saturday and got the car seat all installed and ready to go. The bags are packed and the nursery is ready now we just wait for our little girl to come.

I am getting more and more uncomfortable, it comes with the territory I suppose. Between all the Braxton Hicks contractions and the muscle aches and pains in my legs I am throwing in the towel! I just want to meet my precious baby girl already!

We have another appointment on Thursday, where I'm hoping to be further along that I was last week... I guess we'll just wait and see!

Until next time...

4 comments:

Shana said...

Yay!! You're getting soooo close to having your little girl! I'm so excited for you. It sounds like you're ready to go!

Keri said...

I've been wondering how you're doing since I haven't seen an update for awhile. Sounds like you're all ready! :-)

Racine said...

You're almost there! Don't get discouraged if you don't seem like you're making progress in the dilation department...I was only 1 cm. the whole time until the night of his delivery, it can go really really fast! Hope the next couple weeks fly for you :-)

Austin, Melissa, Ethan and Ollie said...

Yay! Sounds like she could come any day now!