Monday, September 15, 2008

Surgery & A Shower!

Last week I posted about my dad being in the hospital, we were hoping that would be the end of things. Unfortunately this past Wednesday, he was taken back in to ER with similar symptoms (headache, nausea etc). The neuro doctor decided that surgery was the best option. On Thursday my dad underwent a Craniotomy (they make an incision in the scalp and remove a piece of the skull so they can have access to where the bleed is). Thankfully, as far a major brain surgery goes, this is one of the least invasive, but it's still considered a major surgery. The surgery went well, they only had to take a piece the size of a silver dollar off the skull to get to the bleed and were able to see everything they needed to. My dad woke up great from the anesthesia, and other than the goofy side effects of the pain killers he was the same old dad. He is coming home today, and is ready to get back to life - he's not one to just sit around, especially in the hospital. Our whole family is so thankful for all the prayers, meals, visits, cards and words of encouragement we have received over the last two weeks. We are hoping this is the kind of thing that happens once in a lifetime and never has to be repeated. We are just praising God that things worked out the way they did, my dad has a wonderful team of doctors and is on the fast track to recovery.

In BABY news:
I am 32 weeks (or I was last Friday), and feeling pretty good. My back pain is back and is worse than ever. Between that and the nausea I feel like I'm back in the first trimester. Right now, more than anything I just want a full night's sleep, wishful thinking I know! I am also growing like crazy. Every day when I look in the mirror I feel like my body has changed overnight. And I can tell baby is growing too, she is running out of room, and fast. Her kicks are becoming so hard and sometimes painful. Her feet end up under my ribcage and as she must be stretching out, but boy is it painful. The baby newsletter I get says that baby girl weighs about 4 pounds, but since we're measuring ahead I don't think that's accurate. All I know is that she's growing!

We had our first baby shower this past weekend. My friend Erin threw it for me and it was wonderful. Great friends, great food, and lots of laughs. Everyone was so generous, we received lots of necessities including our crib bedding (thanks mom!), car seat, pack-n-play, bottles, books and lots of cute girly outfits! I'll post pictures later in the week of the event! We are so thankful for all the great friends and family we have supporting us through this new step in our lives.

We are only 8 weeks away from our due date now! Tim and I are both shocked at how fast the time has flown by. It really feels like just yesterday we were staring at that little white stick with the two pink lines! God has already blessed us so much and we look forward to seeing how he will continue to grow us both as individuals and as a couple as we continue to prepare for the arrival of our little girl! It won't be long now!

Until Next Time...

1 comment:

Racine said...

So glad things went well for your dad, that sounds so scary!
I know we don't really know each other but I am really really excited for you to be getting so close to meeting your little girl! It really is the most amazing thing in the world. You'll be in my prayers in the coming weeks!